Now truly a national insurance business with 130,000 clients supported by a team of more than 200 personnel, EBM has surpassed its founders’ vision and become a professional, innovative company with a strong reputation for ethical practice.
EBM’s Managing Director (Operations) Ward Dedman attributes EBM’s success to a genuine passion and commitment to risk management by the company’s founders and its current team of staff.
“EBM has had a strong vision and values from day one,” Ward said. “We are committed to delivering client-focused risk solutions, as well as providing a rewarding place to work for our people – we’re a well-rounded organisation with a practical business approach.”
While quick to add there’s no single formula to business success, Ward says there have been some fundamental principles that have helped drive EBM’s growth:
- Look forward: be visionary, identify emerging trends and adapt to changes before they arise. EBM’s specialist products grew from identified, unfilled client needs, such as RentCover landlord insurance which now covers in excess of 120,000 rental properties.
- Support those who support you: when looking to the future, don’t forget the people who have supported you along the way. Many of EBM’s clients have been with the company since the beginning and their loyalty is considered the ultimate marker of EBM’s success.
- Business is a team game – invest in your team: encourage social and professional development activities for your personnel. EBM’s senior professionals are some of the most experienced in the business and we’re proud they have linked their professional reputations to the success of EBM.
- Create connections: be involved in industry both locally and internationally, where possible. EBM has taken a wide market view by operating with an open panel of insurers both here and overseas, which gives our clients access to all the world’s best insurance products.
- Give back: support events and organisations in the areas where you operate and causes that align with your business and your people.
EBM’s 40th anniversary marks the end of an important chapter and the start of an exciting new era as the company prepare to move into bigger and better premises in Perth and Melbourne.
“We’re now truly a national operation with global capability, but our feet are still firmly planted in the local communities and industries we service – and remaining focused on our core business and clients is key to our success,” Ward added.